Effective January 1, 2020 operational permits are required for special events.
When is a special event inspection required?
Any organized, temporary event with an estimated number of participants and
spectators of 100 or more people set up outdoors in a parking lot, side of the
roadway, or open land
AND involves any of the following activities:
- Preparation, sale, or service of food or beverages;
- Display or sale of merchandise;
- Sporting event or tournament;
- Exhibit or tradeshow;
- Erection of a single tent, or aggregate area of multiple tents, 400 square feet or larger; or
- Construction of a stage, grand stand, bleacher, or other temporary structure for public use.
A special event permit is NOT required for
- Use of an event center or assembly occupancy for the intended use;
- Sporting events in stadiums or other venues that are designed for such events; OR
- Parades, Fun Runs, Bike Rides/Races; Trail Rides; Marathons unless another activity that requires a permit is part of the event.